New Players Day (U13 Only)
Updated - 03/082017
Date: 8 October
Venue: Bulimba cricket club
Time: 9am - 12noon
All "New Players" must be signed with a BEARS affiliated club for the 2017-8 season and you must be nominated by your club prior to attending. Please contact your current junior club or coach to confirm you have been nominated.
As this session is for "New Players" returning representative players are not required to attend. Hence you should only attend if you were NOT selected in:
- BEARS U12 State Team2016-17
- BEARS U12 Development Teams (Redlands or Eastern Districts Ian Healy Cup teams)2016017
- BEARS Regional Coaching Program 2017
- If you attended the talent Identification day for RCP in 2017
(Please note that as all U12 players are "New Players" they will be treated as a separate selection process and are NOT required to attend.)
Logistical Information for Players and Parents
To this session you should bring:
What to wear:
- 'New Player Day is a net session which will incorporate fielding and skills drills. Players are allowed to wear general training gear: shorts, shirt (collar preferred) and or tracksuit pants.
- Representative clothing of any description (BEARS, MetEast etc) is NOT to be worn at any time.
- Tip for young players: The more professional you look the better.
Commitments if selected:
Please be aware of your financial obligations as a player if you are selected in a BEARS Representative Team. There will be 4 practice games on each Sunday in November as well as weekly training. You will be required to be part of these important 'pre-carnival' games and training. Please refer to the BEARS rep calendars for more details.
What Happens Next?
Upon attending the 'New Player' session successful applicants will be listed on the website and invited to week one of the official selection process. Details of the U13 Trail process can be found here.
Successful Players from the New Players Day trial will be posted here: